Building Manager/February 28, 2011
- Ken: got a Xoom. Working on ROS/Android integration
- Ethan: Working on ROS/Android integration
- Gil: other things
- Bhaskara: wrote C++ client library for warehouse
- Nate: other things
- Melonee/Tully: new driver for Kinect solved timing issues with navigation. new sexy URDF. Updated dashboard to include laptop battery. turtlebot now has its own kforge project with separate stacks. wrote qualification test for turtlebot.
- Dave: worked on rve.
- Melonee/Tully: 0.1 release of turtlebot stacks. Will have 7 turtlebots by end of this week. Making promo/instruction video + manual this week. Need ideas for creative ideas.
- Bhaskara: up for discussion. 0.1 release of warehouse
- Gil: task manager and rve
- Dave: focus on dock charging solution.
- Ethan: can help wrap up pano after ICCV
- Ken: android integration
- Nate: turtlebot in sim
Need map saving integration for warehouse
Need to streamline bringing up separate building manager
What do we need to do to integrate map-saving?
- push new map into warehouse
- should maps be named?
- bm map server component?
- Story: when I unpack my turtlebot, I want to give it a map
- If map exists, I can reuse it
- If no map exists, I can build it
- Possibility: when you startup robot, you point it at fiducial, and that is used to bootstrap the data it gets from the building manager
- robot needs to know master uri of building manager
- app manager needs to be part of turtle bot bringup
First turtlebot milestone
- app manager in bringup? (Gil, Ken)
First integration demo
- teleop turtlebot in ride to construct a new map
- save map into building manager
- Mar 18th deadline