Building Manager/January 10, 2010
- Melonee/Tully [Create]: Dashboard is working (and useful). AMCL working on Create. Kinect is drawing a lot of current, may need to create a switch/breaker to deal with power draw. Draws 0.5A continuously and trashes battery. Fixed Ken's (and other) bugs in Create driver.
- Ken [CES]: at CES
- Ethan [Pano/Create]: Worked on TOD last week.
- Bill: still working on RIDE
- Tully: Same as Melonee
- Bhaskara: Working on Mapping project. Want a better SLAM solution. Made graph mapping code more generic to sensor type, SLAM constraints. Added graph database where you can save arbitrary ROS messages. Patrick is working on kidnapped robot code running again.
- Kevin: investigated hardware test system to see if there was code to port. May need to look at other projects (e.g. picking), and there is also the diagnostic bag tools elsewhere.
- Nate: Looking at how to store data. Meet with Kevin, Ken, Bhaskara to follow up.
- Ken: Possibly look at Create + rosproxy
- Bill: RIDE deliverable next week
- Kevin: ditto with Nate
- Melonee: Assess how to power Kinect better and not kill battery. May have more turtlebots next week. Test out PSDK5.0 device. Work on nav stack as well.
- Tully: ditto Melonee.
- Ethan: Get Pano working on a PR2.
- Gil: work with Bill on RIDE.
CES: lots of tablets, cellphone + laptop dock (Motorola Atrix).
Demo for Building Manager. Turtlebot + Create? Use panorama to pick spot to navigation where to go (reach goal). Simpler: command turtlebot to location with navigation stack and take panorama. Possibly integrate with rviz.