Building Manager/January 17, 2010
- Nate: Bhaskara and Nate have setup a package for the warehouse. Use sqlite as proof of concept to get the ball rolling. Will have second and third robots up soon. Added another deck.
- Melonee/Tully [Create]: robot is running around, nav stack is running but not tuned. Using PSDK5 device instead of Kinect for now. Calibrated using microstrain IMU.
- Ken: sick last week
- Ethan [Pano/Create]: debugging create pano on actual robot, should have ready today. Got master system state in Android emulator. roscore was running on desktop. Forked rosjava to see if that can run.
- Bill: RIDE demo is ready
- Gil: waiting on RIDE
- Nate: Multiple fake robots getting and pushing data to warehouse. Possibly serve map or door state.
- Ken: Hoping to get iteration 1/2 infrastructure online (interface prototypes, app interface). Looking at the ros-application stack from remote apps team.
- Bill/Gil: work with Gil to integrate single robot in stage with RIDE.
- Melonee/Tully: Need to work on power converter board for Kinect. Assemble third turtlebot. Could use someone with EE experience. Tune navigation stack. Need to add power state to the create dashboard.
- Ethan: tune/polish create Pano
- Brian: investigate task execution for RIDE interface
Upcoming: 26th "ROS for the rest of us". Homebrew Robotics Club
- Possibly do RIDE, Pano demos
Need to modify smach to be more programmatic.
First integration milestones:
- warehouse/RIDE: show door state in RIDE map
- warehouse/Pano: store pano result in warehouse
- Pano/RIDE: set Pano waypoints with RIDE
- warehouse/Pano/RIDE: set pano waypoints with RIDE, see result on map from warehouse
- Issues: task execution: will end up as SMACH, but how do we get there?
ROS on Android:
- Would be cool to 'program' a human to do an actionlib task via a text (Bill)
- 'Auction' interface to get humans and robots to do search and rescue together (Ethan)
- Important for people to say how busy they are. People are bad at estimating utility on the fly (Gil)