Building Manager/December 13, 2010
Catching back up after holiday break
- Melonee/Tully [Create]:
- purchased two Atom-based laptops for Create to try and finalize hardware decision
- ordered hardware for 2 more turtlebots, still need to order iRobot Creates. Have most of the sparkfun electronics. Need one more usb-minidim connector.
- Ethan/Ken [Pano/Create]:
- Ethan wrote new version of app that publishes sensor_msgs/Image when done. This will form the basis of Building Manager integration
- Jeremy/Wim [App Deploy]: new debbuild infrastructure enables release of apps w/o rebuilding all debs. Critical for deploying apps in a lightweight manner.
- Bill: dusted off RIDE. A week and a half's work to get it running again.
- Tully: throttling/nodelet working with Kinect driver. Still 75% CPU on smallest laptop.
- Eitan: navigation stack now takes pointcloud2
- Ken: will be at CES looking at potential hardware to use in project (i.e. tablets).
- Jeremy: gone r/f/monday. Working on rosbag/pr2 stuff
- Bill: Resurrect old RIDE interface. Goal is to get it to display something next week.
- Gil: out. Will help with RIDE
- Dave: working on remote teleop
- Kevin: Building Manager. Look into what from the hardware test side can be adapted as it has similar goals (e.g. collecting diagnostic logs from robots in the field)
- Leila/Caroline: Waiting until more infrastructure is in place
- Wim: more app deployment
- Melonee: improve tools/diagnostics for using turtlebot. dashboard. Assess laptops and get navigation running on it.
- Tully: Assess laptops and get navigation running on it. Working on ni/kinect releases.
- Ethan: Focusing on TOD this week. Waiting for improved turtlebot tools.
- Eitan: Will consult on turtlebot navigation. Focused on remote ops/VSLAM.
- Brian: Consult on app deployment.
How do we send tasks to interface? Actionlib?
- Possibly add new reconfiguration options to actionlib, drop unnecessary sockets, more robust connection, UDP?
- Case study: Tim N's multi-robot wireless issues
- Need interfaces:
- For talking to apps
- For syncing masters
How do you do app discovery?
- App Manager has YAML file that lists applications
- Core set of UI interactions for apps (like waypoints)
- Apps will need to be able to define UIs
- Capabilities will also defines some basic UI primitives (e.g. localization)
Need method for charging laptops on turtlebot
- Need to design docking station, ala texai, to charge turtlebot.