Projects/Building Manager/May 23, 2011
Month of demos is over!
- Google I/O
- Maker Faire
- Don't let kids touch GUI. Kids will pull out cords.
- NEVER WIFI, NO MATTER WHAT THE ORGANIZER CLAIMS
Warehouse on TurtleBot
- Rewrite mapping to use warehouse for persistence
- Build a Map App: creates a map, "saves" it
- Navigate App: loads "last" map, provides user an option to load a different map. Need to have way to localize the robot.
- Future work: integrate fiducials in both
Other priorities: rosjava/android robustness, TurtleBot robustness, app cleanup
Success criteria: brand new TurtleBot, turn it on, configure warehouse location, run navigation successfully w/o building a map (within 5 minutes)
Dave: work on Android UI
Bhaskara/Nate: work on loader/saver from move_base/slam_gmapping, map listing
Tully/Melonee: turtlebot robustness, OSHW docs
Ken: rosjava robustness, app manager and turtlebot config
- How do we do user interaction around listing/switching maps?
Deadline: June 6