ROS Software Maintainer: Botsync
Botsync Volta is a compact, sleek and low-profile indoor platform designed to support your robotics research and education needs. From testing your latest navigation and mapping algorithms to supporting your automation or robotics courses, Volta can be used for a wide variety of indoor applications.
- The following are instructions on installing Volta Software on your devices:
ROS on Volta
- The following are tutorials on how to use Volta with the Robot Operating System.
The above tutorials assume that you have a basic understanding of the ROS. You can refer to ROS Tutorial for a ROS refresher.
- The available ROS packages in Volta and their purposes are listed below.
Bring up Package for Volta. Package contains launch files to connect to the robot and run the sensor driver
Contains configuration required for ROS control.
Contains the URDF files for the robot and the launch files for running Gazebo Simulations and opening RViz visualization.
Contains configuration for sensor fusion of wheel odometry and IMU data using the robot localization package.
Contains ROS messages specific to Volta such as the power board messages, etc.
Contains launch files required for running gmapping, amcl and move_base.
Contains configuration files and launch files for activating keyboard or joystick teleoperation.
Please refer to Volta Topics for available ROS topics and Sensor Topics.
- Volta is setup using the teleop_twist_mux package. Refer to below for the command instruction priorities.
Setting up and Operating Physical Volta
- The following description and links are the tutorials on how to set up and operate the physical robot.