Instructions for doing a doc review
See DocReviewProcess for more instructions
- Does the documentation define the Users of your Package, i.e. for the expected usages of your Stack, which APIs will users engage with?
- Are all of these APIs documented?
- Do relevant usages have associated tutorials? (you can ignore this if a Stack-level tutorial covers the relevant usage), and are the indexed in the right places?
- If there are hardware dependencies of the Package, are these documented?
- Is it clear to an outside user what the roadmap is for the Package?
- Is it clear to an outside user what the stability is for the Package?
- Are concepts introduced by the Package well illustrated?
- Is the research related to the Package referenced properly? i.e. can users easily get to relevant papers?
- Are any mathematical formulas in the Package not covered by papers properly documented?
For each launch file in a Package
- Is it clear how to run that launch file?
- Does the launch file start up with no errors when run correctly?
- Do the Nodes in that launch file correctly use ROS_ERROR/ROS_WARN/ROS_INFO logging levels?
Concerns / issues
The summary in the manifest is inaccurate.
- actionlib provides a standardized interface for task, not "assisting in writing notes"
The actionlib package provides a standardized interface for interfacing with preemptible tasks. Examples of this include moving the base to a target location, performing a laser scan and returning the resulting point cloud, detecting the handle of a door, etc.
Add or replace ./action/control_laser.action by DoDishes.action
learning_actionlib package missing, should be actionlib_tutorials?
- [Vijay] It's not missing. The tutorial start page asks the user to create the package.
rxgraph being deprecated?
- [Vijay] We can always update the tutorials if/when this happens
Python SimpleActionServer is not yet implemented
Explain what genaction.py generates.
[Vijay] There already is a sentence about this on the actionlib page. Do I need more information, or is this sufficient?