This package drives the robot around and moves the head, taking snapshots. It is useful for data collection, and annotation can be done by mechanical turk.
- Follow the bring up instructions to get a working checkout on the robot
- You will also need rviz, so make it if you have not yet.
- In one console window on the robot
- You will will probably need to bring up the dashboard and make sure the power is ready as described on the bringing up page
- In another console on the robot:
rosrun pr2_experimental_controllers tuckarm.py r
(If it just hangs, check that you are running it on the robot)
- In a third console on the robot:
Ensure that the bags directory has a subdirectory called annotated_maps
- At this point the robot will start moving around but will not have good localization, so be careful and complete the next step quickly
- In a fourth console window (probably not on the robot)
rosrun rviz rviz
Follow the instructions at http://pr.willowgarage.com/wiki/rviz/UsingTheVisualizer to initialize the robot pose
NOTE: You may need to run the following in the annotated_map_builder directory
chmod a+x src/annotated_map_builder/wait_for_multiple_head_configs.py chmod a+x src/annotated_map_builder/move_head_action.py
Also, to change the head positions that are used as the robot wanders around change the head_configs parameter in the file "test/move_head.launch".