MoveIt! Configuration and ROS Interface for CARL
The carl_moveit_package includes configuration files for running the CARL robot with MoveIt!. The package also includes a ros node that acts as a wrapper for relevant MoveIt! functionality that CARL uses, and a node that provides simple execution of common actions such as arm readying, retracting, and lifting.
Newly proposed, mistyped, or obsolete package. Could not find package "carl_moveit" in rosdoc: /home/rosbot/docs/api/carl_moveit/manifest.yaml
carl_moveit_wrapper'carl_moveit_wrapper' provides a convenient wrapper to commonly used MoveIt! functionality for CARL, such as motion planning for end-effector poses, end-effector Cartesian trajectory generation, and inverse kinematics.
Action Goalcarl_moveit_wrapper/move_to_pose (carl_moveit/MoveToPoseGoal)
- Plan a trajectory to a pose goal, and execute the trajectory if planning was successful. Note that the pose is for the jaco_link_hand frame.
- Plan a trajectory to a joint configuration goal, and execute the trajectory if planning was successful.
Action Resultcarl_moviet_wrapper/move_to_pose (carl_moveit/MoveToPoseResult)
- Success/failure of motion planning and trajectory execution to a given pose.
- Success/failure of motion planning and trajectory execution to a given joint configuration.
Actions Calledjaco_arm/joint_velocity_controller/trajectory (control_msgs/FollowJointTrajectoryGoal)
- Joint velocity control based smooth trajectory generator and follower, provides smooth trajectory execution for any valid point-to-point trajectory in the arm's workspace.
Subscribed Topicsjoint_states (sensor_msgs/JointState)
- Joint state updates for CARL.
- Experimental direct end-effector control using Jacobian pseudoinverse methods.
- Listen for the arm to complete a home action using the Kinova API.
Published Topicsjaco_arm/angular_cmd (wpi_jaco_msgs/AngularCommand)
- Send angular commands to the JACO.
- Trajectory visualization for debugging planned paths.
- Compute and execute a Cartesian path for CARL's end-effector.
- Compute inverse kinematics given a only a pose (automatically handles other parameters MoveIt! needs for IK).
Services Calledcompute_ik (moveit_msgs/GetPositionIK)
- Get inverse kinematics from MoveIt!.
- Clear the octomap (environment collision voxel grid).
carl_moveit_common_actions'carl_moveit_common_actions' provides a quick way to call preprogrammed actions that require motion planning, such as resetting the arm to its home position with obstacle avoidance.
Action Goalcarl_moveit_wrapper/common_actions/arm_action (carl_moveit/ArmAction)
- Perform a pre-defined arm action, such as moving the arm to the ready position or retracted position using motion planning for obstacle avoidance.
- Raise the end-effector up by 10 cm using Cartesian path planning and execution.
- Execute a complete pickup action on a given pickup pose.
Action Resultcarl_moveit_wrapper/common_actions/arm_action (carl_moveit/ArmResult)
- Success/failure of arm action.
- Success/failure of the lift action.
- Success/failure of the pickup action.
Actions Calledcarl_moveit_wrapper/move_to_joint_pose (carl_moveit/MoveToJointPoseGoal)
- Call to the move arm action server that will plan and move to a joint goal.
- Call to the move arm action server that will plan and move to an end-effector goal.
- Gripper open/close action.
- Call to lift action.
Subscribed Topicsjaco_arm/angular_cmd (wpi_jaco_msgs/AngularCommand)
- Angular command publisher for the arm.
Services Calledjaco_arm/erase_trajectories (std_srvs/Empty)
- Stop any currently running arm trajectory.
- Read joint positions from the arm.
To install the carl_moveit package, you can install from source with the following commands:
The carl_moveit package contains many launch files that are used for configuring MoveIt! for CARL. They can be used to run MoveIt! on CARL, on a simulated robot, run benchmarks, visualize motion planning, and adjust parameters. Primarily, the carl_moveit_full.launch file can be used to run everything required for MoveIt! on CARL, as well as carl_moveit_wrapper and carl_moveit_common_actions:
roslaunch carl_moveit carl_moveit_full.launch