Present at review:
Question / concerns / comments
Enter your thoughts on the API and any questions / concerns you have here. Please sign your name. Anything you want to address in the API review should be marked down here before the start of the meeting.
Radu: no more IplImage! Yey!
- Radu: should we make toRos () similar to PCL's toROSMsg ()? Which ones should we rename to what?
- Looks like a dramatic improvement over the existing Bridge
- I'm very much in support of the custom serializer/deserializer approach.
To be filled out by proposer based on comments gathered during API review period
- General API design - thumbs up/down
- Efficiency and memory allocations
- Function naming and consistency with PCL
- Support Bayer encodings in cv_bridge?
- Timeline for integrating with image_transport
- Put encoding categorization functions in sensor_msgs?
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved
- toCvShare can actually copy data - is that confusing?
- Should be documented clearly
toCvShare could have overload taking arbitrary shared_ptr to share with DisparityImage message
Converter from PointCloud2 to cv::Mat?? (Caroline)
Make pass-through work with bayer encodings ("bayer_rggb8" -> CV_8UC1)
- Don't support actually converting to/from bayer
Allow registering new encoding->encoding transforms? (Jeremy)
toRos() -> toImageMsg()