This page lists changes that were made in the Pre-1.0 series of driver_common.
- 1.0 release candidate
- Fixes to error message reporting
- Added a SIGHUP handler to avoid hokuyo_node death when the hokuyo is unplugged on the robot.
- Updated all licenses.
- reconfigure_gui: Scroll-bar ranges now limited to 5 significant digits.
- reconfigure_gui: Turned off non-linear scrollbar scaling for finite-range parameters.
- driver_base: Allow the standard diagnostic status to be extended by the particular driver.
- driver_base: Improved error message logic to avoid printing errors in non-error conditions, and to print errors when they recur after a period of recovery.
- driver_base: Hold the lock during self-tests. Avoids deadlocks when dynamic reconfigure is attempted during a self-test.
- Uses the ROS SIGINT handler to allow CTRL+C to work at all times.
- Documentation review completed.
- reconfigure_gui: Resets its connection to the node if the node got restarted.
- Added exception catching around the user callback in dynamic_reconfigure.
- Message tweaks.
- Minor documentation tweaks.
- reconfigure_gui: automatically reconnects in a node is restarted.
- reconfigure_gui: layout improvements.
- reconfigure_gui: prints a message when it is launched.
- dynparam: set_from_parameters warns if no parameters are found on the server.
- dynparam: handles invalid input more gracefully.
- dynparam: warns if it can't connect to the server.
- dynparam: can handle yaml.
- dynparam: paramset command is now get_from_parameters.
- dynparam: fixed broken import.
- python client: timeout=0 does not block.
- python client: find_reconfigure_services returns a sorted list.
- Added option to use your own lock in the C++ server API. Otherwise deadlocks were possible when the node triggers a reconfiguration when a reconfiguration is already going on.
- Took duplicate node name out of the diagnostic status name.
- Got rid of a potential dynamic reconfigure deadlock.
dynamic_reconfigure: reconfigure_gui requires wxPython version 2.8 or later
driver_base: Removed obsolete services (were an early attempt at dynamic_reconfigure).
dynamic_reconfigure: fixed references to function names in encoding module
First stable release