- We intend to simplify and clean up the tf api.
- Tf itself will only contain the core APIs like "lookupTransform" in its public api, and will use its own transform data type.
- seperate packages with template implementations will work with data types form different libraries. Each package will provide its own set of transform-functions that matches the specific data types of a library.
- Plugins provide template-based conversion functions to convert between semantically equivalent data types of different libraries.
- Provide a server/client interface for
- long term tf data storage and querying
- light weight clients, allowing for lower volume tf traffic.
- We want to move towards the official Bullet release instead of our own patched version of Bullet.
- Improve tf_prefix/ multi robot support
- Add velocity support
- Add covariance/uncertainty support