- Raw images may now be 8-bit mono, RGB, BGR, or any of the four bayer encodings.
- Now using OpenCV for bayer interpolation.
- Now using image_geometry for rectification.
- Better error reporting when started in global namespace or input topics do not exist.
- Inherited improvements from image_proc.
- Now using OpenCV's block matching implementation to calculate the disparity image.
- Parameters have changed to more closely follow OpenCV's options.
- Publishing floating-point disparity image.
- No longer publishing image_disparity, use stereo_view for visualization instead.
- REMOVED deprecated stereoproc node and other obsolete files.
- stereo_view shows color-mapped disparity image along with left/right.
New definition of DisparityImage. Disparities are now floating-point, not fixed-point. Better comments.
- GUI improvements.
Release to support higher-level stacks that are in stable release process. Repository location moved to https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/image_pipeline/