Interactive manipulation with the JACO Arm
- Maintainer status: maintained
- Maintainer: David Kent <dekent AT gatech DOT edu>, Russell Toris <rctoris AT wpi DOT edu>
- Author: David Kent <dekent AT gatech DOT edu>
- License: BSD
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/RIVeR-Lab/wpi_jaco/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/RIVeR-Lab/wpi_jaco.git (branch: master)
The jaco_interaction package provides interactive marker-based control of the end effector pose and issuing of manipulation commands for the JACO and JACO2.
jaco_interactive_manipulation'jaco_interactive_manipulation' publishes interactive markers that can be used to control the end effector pose and issue manipulation commands.
Actions Calledjaco_arm/manipulation/gripper (rail_manipulation_msgs/GripperGoal)
- Call open and close actions for the gripper.
- Call object lift action for the arm.
Subscribed Topicsjaco_arm/joint_states (sensor_msgs/JointState)
- Updates for arm and finger joint states.
Published Topicsjaco_arm/cartesian_cmd (wpi_jaco_msgs/CartesianCommand)
- Send Cartesian commands to the arm.
Services Calledjaco_arm/kinematics/fk (wpi_jaco_msgs/JacoFK)
- Forward kinematics for the arm.
- Conversion from quaternion to Euler xyz rotation representations.
Parameterswpi_jaco/arm_name (string, default: jaco)
- Name of the arm, either "jaco" or "jaco2"
To install the wpi_jaco package, you can install from source with the following commands:
The interactive markers can be launched using two launch files: im_backend.launch and im_frontend.launch. The im_backend.launch file launches all of the necessary ROS nodes to publish the interactive markers and send commands back to the arm, and as such it should be launched first on a computer connected directly to the JACO arm. The im_frontend.launch file launches rviz with a preset configuration to show the arm model and the interactive markers. This can be launched on any computer capable of displaying a GUI. The syntax for launching these nodes is as follows:
roslaunch jaco_interaction im_backend.launch
roslaunch jaco_interaction im_frontend.launch