This node belongs to the PTAM package of the ETHZASL_PTAM stack. It is a tool to display the PTAM image and information on a remote (ground) station to monitor the status of the PTAM running on the robot.
The remote interface shows the feature trails during the initialization phase and displays the ground plane grid generated after initialization. It does not display the map features in the image plane nor has a mode for 3D display of the map points and camera pose.
The following keyboard inputs are supported by the remote interface:
- [space] for initialization
- [r] for full map reset
- [q] quits PTAM
- [s] enable/disable image streaming for remote node
- [a] experimental: map reset while storing last pose and scale for propagation upon re-initialization
remote_ptamnode to display the PTAM information on a remote machine
Subscribed Topicsvslam/preview (sensor_msgs/Image)
- down sampled image used by the remote_ptam node to visualize the current camera view and PTAM status
Published Topicsvslam/key_pressed (std_msgs/String)
- topic to send keyboard commands to the PTAM interface