[Documentation] [TitleIndex] [WordIndex

(!) Please ask about problems and questions regarding this tutorial on answers.ros.org. Don't forget to include in your question the link to this page, the versions of your OS & ROS, and also add appropriate tags.

Installation

Description: Installing the complete rocon environment.

Keywords: rocon concert installation

Tutorial Level: BEGINNER

Overview

This tutorial guides you through the installation of the rocon stacks and their dependencies.

Install Debs

Hydro-Devel Sources on PQR

Indigo Sources on Saucy/Trusty

Debs Installation

Pre-Requisites

These instructions are intended for users with a netbook pre-installed with Ubuntu Trusty.

Instructions

Follow the generic Ubuntu instructions for a ros-indigo-desktop-full installation.

In addition, you will need to install the following debs for Rocon (please update this if you find any errors):

> sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-rocon

The following tutorial program will in general validate most things related to a working concert environment.

> source /opt/ros/indigo/setup.bash
> rocon_launch chatter_concert chatter.concert --screen

Hydro-Devel Sources

These will be phased out once we have fully transitioned to indigo.

These use the hydro-devel branches on github.

# A few useful workspace tools
> sudo apt-get install ros-hydro-catkin ros-hydro-rosbash ros-hydro-zeroconf-avahi ros-hydro-rqt
> mkdir ~/rocon
> cd ~/rocon
> wstool init -j4 src https://raw.github.com/robotics-in-concert/rocon/hydro-devel/rocon.rosinstall
> rosdep install --from-paths src /opt/ros/hydro --ignore-src --rosdistro hydro -y -r
> . /opt/ros/hydro/setup.bash
> catkin_make

The following tutorial program will in general validate most things related to a working concert environment.

> source ~/rocon/devel/setup.bash
> rocon_launch chatter_concert chatter.concert --screen

Indigo Sources

These use the indigo branches on github.

# A few useful workspace tools
> sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-catkin ros-indigo-rosbash
> mkdir ~/rocon
> cd ~/rocon
> wstool init -j4 src https://raw.github.com/robotics-in-concert/rocon/indigo/rocon.rosinstall
> rosdep install --from-paths src /opt/ros/indigo --ignore-src --rosdistro indigo -y
> . /opt/ros/indigo/setup.bash
> catkin_make

The following tutorial program will in general validate most things related to a working concert environment.

> source ~/rocon/devel/setup.bash
> rocon_launch chatter_concert chatter.concert --screen


2019-12-14 13:01