Proposer: Josh Faust
Present at review:
- List reviewers
Question / concerns / comments
Enter your thoughts on the API and any questions / concerns you have here. Please sign your name. Anything you want to address in the API review should be marked down here before the start of the meeting.
To be filled out by proposer based on comments gathered during API review period
I want to do this operation often:
NodeHandle parent; // ... NodeHandle nn(parent.getNamespace() + "/child_namespace");
Does making a shortcut for this make sense?
Does SubscriberHandle disconnect on destruction?
- When a node handle is destroyed, does it take down the services/subscriptions that it has created?
I was initially confused why ServiceHandle didn't have the call method.
- Reliance on disconnection via Handle destructors is problematic because part of the containing object might already be destroyed before the Handle is destroyed, and a callback might get invoked in the meantime.
- Future work: export handle structure somehow so that it can be properly visualized by rxgraph. Will probably require creating a new ROS entity, which is a handle within a node.
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved
- /!\ ~ resolves to the node's namespace; should go to the handle's namespace
/!\ Pass remapping object to NodeHandle constructor.
- What do we do about the disconnect on destruction problem?
*API conditionally passed.