Proposer: Josh Faust
Present at review:
Question / concerns / comments
We're reviewing the API (http://pr.willowgarage.com/pr-docs/ros-packages/rxtools/html/index.html) and the rxconsole application (functionality, UI layout, etc.).
- If it's just rosconsole, that's already been gone over. I'm not sure what else we're supposed to be looking at.
What's there looks good to me. Since where we've started with tools for topics we've frequently wanted to expand functionality, we should consider:
- Panel to display the fields in a message. Would be used to implement "rostopic echo" functionality and allow monitoring a topic within a GUI.
- Param-server browser
- Service browser
Panels which allow control by a user may be beyond the scope of this package, but would allow GUIs to be made for tuning gains, querying state, testing responses to input, etc.
- Topic publisher - fill in message fields and publish to a given topic
- Param-server editor - allow changing / publishing new parameters from within the browser
Tully: I second this request https://prdev.willowgarage.com/trac/ros/ticket/799
- Service-call panel - allow generation of a message by filling in fields and display return value
I'm not committed to any of these, but since we have the TopicDisplay included here I wanted to bring up the other panels which as a user I would expect to find in the same place.
- Eric's ideas
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved
Trac tickets for all Eric's feature requests
Turn off autoscrolling on OSX because of wxWidgets bugs