Proposer: Josh Faust
Present at review:
Instructions for reviewers
Congratulations! You've been selected as a reviewer for visualization_msgs. The visualization_core component is close to being complete, so your input is important to making this happen. This is a documentation review, which means that you must also consider whether or not the documentation for the package is sufficient and correct.
The Wiki page for visualization_msgs is here:
Please make sure that the information it provides and links to is correct, including the tutorial on using the messages.
visualization_msgs is a msg package, so please read each of the .msg files in it to make sure they are correct, these include:
Based on your review of these message types and the supporting documentation, please leave your comments below.
Question / concerns / comments
Enter your thoughts on the API and any questions / concerns you have here. Please sign your name. Anything you want to address in the API review should be marked down here before the start of the meeting.
- Eitan's Comments
- It might be nice in the package summary to provide an explanation of visualization markers and what they're used for. I know the tutorial is there, but its nice to give the user some understanding of whether or not they'd like to read it.
- The doxygen main page for visualization_msgs is completely empty, something needs to go there
- The auto-generated messages still don't generate doxygen... this isn't really visualization_msgs problem, but it needs to happen
- Should Polyline have a Color? I thought the idea was to set the color using rviz exclisively now. Perhaps I'm wrong?
- One more thing about Polyline.... should it exist at all? I have a ticket against me to remove all references to Polyline in the navigation stack coming out of one of the common_msgs reviews
- James' Comments
- Yes, package summary needs a few words explaining why you would want to use package markers
- Tutorial is nice and clear, pictures of each marker in action would be good
- Melonee's comments
- I agree that a summary of the markers would be nice, along with explanation about how the id of a marker is used, if you publish to the same id over and over does it refresh?
- also what is the default behavior when the time stamp in the header is not filled in?
- Caroline's comments
- Great tutorial, pictures would be a nice addition
- I agree that some information about their usage and default behavior would be valuable.
Some explanation about the ImageMarker message would be nice. That it's meant for use in image viewers, which viewers currently support it, that the position is a pixel coordinate (with the z-coord ignored.) The ImageMarker frame should always be the image frame.
To be filled out by proposer based on comments gathered during API review period
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved