The IROS 2011 Tutorial on Motion Planning for Real Robots
- Sachin Chitta, Gil Jones, Willow Garage Inc.
- Lydia Kavraki, Mark Moll, Ioan Sucan, Rice University
- 08:30–09:00 Overview and Introduction
09:00–09:30 Background on concepts in sampling-based motion planning SLIDES
09:30–10:15 OMPL and OMPL.app SLIDES
10:45–11:30 Introduction to ROS and connection to OMPL SLIDES
- 11:30–12:00 Overview of the simulation environment
- 13:30–15:00 Hands-on programming, part I
- 15:30–17:00 Hands-on programming, part II
Tutorial Document (PDF)
- This is the actual tutorial presented at IROS 2011. It runs you through the steps in going from a URDF to a full set of launch and configuration files that you can use to run motion planning and kinematics on your own robot.
The OMPL website http://ompl.kavrakilab.org/
The ompl_ros_interface wikipage http://wiki/ompl_ros_interface