This page is for planning for Electric Emys.
- pr2_doors pulled due to eigen3 issues
- wg_robots_gazebo pulled due to pr2_doors dep
Updates for core system
- rosbuild2 prototype
- source rosdeps (required for rosbuild2, easier multi-platform support)
- test cases (openni drivers and
unary stacks http://reps/rep-0109.html
- Test cases stage(wrapper example)
- Remove ros::Message inheritance
- New toolchain for pushing non-ROS debian packages into ROS repository
- (?) distro-specific indexing (partial support, e.g. roslocate)
openni_kinect: rewritten driver
- OpenCV 2.3
- OpenCV moved to be a rosdep system install
- Move to full eigen3
- Eigen gets installed as rosdep
- Separate eigen stack for backwards compatibility of include flags
orocos_kinematics_dynamics: Separate stack for KDL related packages
bullet: Separate stack. Attempt to normalize on standard Bullet based on patches that Bullet did/did not accept upstream.
stage: unary stack
joy: Add header to joy msg, joy now part of sensor_msgs
image_common: substitution variables in camera_info_manager URLs.
navigation: Much improved support for dynamic reconfigure in the navigation stack.
common: breaking apart stack to minimize downstream dependencies:
common_rosdeps: new stack that contains rosdep.yaml specifications for all low-level stacks.
Stacks requiring update
- ROS tutorials (vet for old syntax)
- tf (check tutorials)
- smach (tutorials incomplete)
- pr2_simulator (tutorial clean up)
- cv_bridge (tutorial clean up)
visualization (interactive markers)
review open questions about tutorials: http://answers.ros.org/questions/?query=tutorials&search=search
- all released stacks should look at their open questions on answers.ros.org
- update stack/package header to include visual distinction between a released and unreleased stack
- dynamic_reconfigure: support for groups
debug flag stripping <<Ticket(ros 3365)>>
- automation for add your repository to the ROS ecosystem
- Gazebo 1.0
simulator_gazebo: Modify ROS to match new Gazebo 1.0 API. This will entail changes to urdf2gazebo, gazebo_plugins, gazebo_msgs, gazebo_worlds
pr2_simulator: Modify pr2_gazebo, pr2_gazebo_plugins, pr2_examples_gazebo to match new Gazebo 1.0 API.